Sunday, 23 October 2011

Cumbrian Treasure

Spent the the lovely crisp winter's weekend in the Lake District this weekend, visiting the bf's Gran in Cockermouth (aren't we dutiful?) and on the way back came across a place called the Rheged Centre. It is quite possibly the most middle class place I have ever been too (and the most family friendly) but it wasn't all bad! There was an arts and crafts fair and despite going to have a look for Christmas presents, I found a load of stuff for me!

There were several stalls of quite the most revolting jewellery I have ever had the misfortune to encounter - I can only hope that my disgust didn't register on my face. It wasn't even homemade! It looked like the cheap tacky bling you might expect to see on a bad market stall, not at a 'Rival Arts Craft Fair'. Still I found my vintage lady and spent money I don't have on stuff I don't really need! Hurray!

1. Owl picture by Temporary Meaasure;  2. Bracelet, second-hand, 3. Marcasite brooch, second-hand; 4. Canvas and embroidery bag, made in Cashmere apparently (for my knitting!).



2 comments:

  1. I love the turquoise coloured stone in the bracelet, so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't a particular bargain, though a reasonably good price, but I couldn't' resist!

    ReplyDelete

I get very excited when people take the time to comment. Thank you!