Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Cool Christmas Songs!

Christmas songs don't have to be annoying. I know, a revelation isn't it? Like anyone, I like a bit of Slade and Wizzard over the festive period but I've found some Christmas music which wasn't made in the 70's and which gives me that warm, fuzzy, festive hit and provides background music for putting up the decorations without making me want to vomit. So here is my Musical Christmas cool list:

Elvis' Christmas album

This contains my favourite ever Christmas song, Blue Christmas. I [think I] do a mean Elvis impression to this song and it's pretty impossible to get out of your head once you've heard it.

A Very She & Him Christmas - She & Him
I LOVED their first album, imaginatively titled Volume One, and have to admit to having a teeny girl crush on Zooey Deschanel (so does the bf so it's ok). I've not received their Christmas offering yet but I predict it will be excellent!

This is Christmas by Emmy the Great and Tim Wheeler.
If you've read my blog before you'll know that I'm a massive Emmy the Great fan so I KNOW that this will be great. Also what woman in her late 20s (ok, ok, nearly 30) didn't have a massive crush on the lead singer of Ash when she was about 15? I quite like Christmas Day ( I wish I was surfing) but it's a bit Beach-Boys-y; I prefer Home for the Holidays

And last but not least,

Low Christmas by Low

I am absolutely in love with this album. Unfortunately it is very short so ends being played on repeat over and over and over (much to the bf's annoyance). It's so relaxing and warm and fuzzy and chilled out. Highly highly recommended.

What's you favourite obscure or modern Xmas song? Or are the old ones the best?

CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS!

Sorry...got carried away a bit there. Did I tell you I like Christmas a bit?

Jen x

3 comments:

  1. i'm a total scrooge when it comes to xmas music, decorations etc, and i don't usually start thinking about it til december, but i would like some xmas music this yr..and to step away from the old favourites would bea good thing )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, a She & Him Christmas album?!?! Zooey has such a lovely voice!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. im gonna go and find my destinys child xmas album

    ReplyDelete

I get very excited when people take the time to comment. Thank you!