Monday, 28 November 2011

Manchester Bloggers Meet

Whenever I've seen write ups of blogger meet ups everyone seems to have a great time, regardless of where it is and what links the bloggers etc, and I have to say I was skeptical. How can so many random people get on so well and have such a lovely time? And surely obvious rookies like me don't belong at a blogger meet?

Well, it seems there is a certain magic about bloggers - every single one I met on Sunday were absolutely lovely! I arrived quite late and obviously look nothing like my picture on here, as everyone looked very confused as I approached! (to be fair I have recently had my hair cut) Some of the girls had to leave before I arrived (hopefully I'll get to meet Nathalie and Sara another time) but I got to meet Sarah T (Sequin This) Sarah (Fashion Dotty), Lizzy (Lizzy's Lips), Emma (Miss Pond), Rebecca (Rebecca's Vintage Romance) and Stacey (Style Speaks Louder than Words). I didn't really get to chat much to Rebecca and Stacey but hopefully I can remedy that at the next one!

I had a great time as everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Sarah T did a great job of hosting with quizzes and prizes for best dressed (courtesy of Il2l, Dainty Roses and Clippy) and choosing a great place for dinner. If you find yourself in Manchester I highly recommend Croma for interesting pizza (mine was Thai Chicken) and amazing Caramel and Pecan cheesecake.

Since I moved to Manc in July I have spent a lot of time hanging out with people I don't know, to get out there and meet new people, and no 'meeting-new-people' experience has been as relaxed as the blogger meet up. It was great to put blogs and Twitter IDs to faces, and finally meet people I'd been chatting to on Twitter. Unfortunately I am the worst blogger ever - I took one solitary photo! Check out Emma, Sarah H or Stacey's blog for more photos as they have loads on their meet up post!


Here's my prize for 3rd place in the quiz:

My clutch from Clippy
A Clippy clutch/wallet which I can customise with my own photos! Now to decide what to put in the photo slots. Hmmmmm. I'm thinking something geeky - this may require some thought.

I can't wait until the next one, when I can make sure that I'm there the whole day!





1 comment:

  1. It was such good fun wasn't it?! I was skeptical too, but it turned out to be better than I expected!
    I'm struggling to pick photos for my make up bag... I'm liking the geeky idea!
    Was awesome to meet you :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I get very excited when people take the time to comment. Thank you!