Sunday, 4 March 2012

Sunday Girl

Well I am having just the best Sunday EVER! And who would have thought that it would start with having to get up at 6.30am? Yes I have been....

Carbooting this morning: I even had to drive. After failing my test 4 times (yes, 4 times) before I passed, and not driving for 6 or 7 years, I have been having refresher lessons so this morning was a bit of a run out for me and a practice on the motorway. I had to go on TWO motorways to get to the Bolton Bootsale this morning. I almost had a minor panic attack but managed to avoid any major road traffic accidents so we could walk around in the rain looking at stuff! I did quite well actually:

Have been playing with Picnik - talk about late to the party!
MrP also managed to buy lots of vinyl and an old tape player for his spectrum. All in all not bad for before 9am on a Sunday!


Painting my thimble shelf thingy: I severely underestimated how long this would take to do the various coats. Also didn't realise my primer was solvent based and won't come off with some hot water and a good scrub. It was two showers (fruitless) before I could get to the hardware store to get some white spirit to get the primer off my arm. I am liking the colour though...


Baking banana bread: I so rarely bake that this was a bit of a treat. Ok so I haven't tried it yet; it might be revolting, but it looks nice!


Figuring out what i am going to make from my new book: As I said in the last post, I won Alex's giveaway and it arrived last week!



I am a lucky lucky girl! I can't wait to make something from the book! But it will have to go on the list as I have got approximately 479389653729 million projects waiting to be finished, or even started!

It's been so nice to have an actually relaxing Sunday, and even better, MrP is cooking dinner tonight!!

What kind of Sunday have you had?

Jen x


10 comments:

  1. Love your tea pot and little owls, whatb great finds!
    I've been in work boohoo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work on a Sunday does suck - hope it wasn't too arduous. Jen x

      Delete
  2. Love your findings! Very jealous of your banana bread too. Send me some yeah?!
    I was a mentalist and ran 10k for charity today. Needless to say, next Sunday will be more normal for me!!
    Hope you've had a good weekend x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are a mentalist! But in a very admirable way. Banana bread update: it was delicious and we ate the whole loaf in 24 hours. We are pigs. Jen x

      Delete
  3. So many fun things! And congrats on that lovely giveaway:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I so rarely win anything so I was extra excited! Jen x

      Delete
  4. Hey I also won that lovely book in a giveaway!! I haven't decided on my first project yet either, AND like you I also have a very long project list!! I look forward to seeing your first creation :)

    Am envious of your car booting finds. This makes me really want to go to one. Love those little owls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got 'yeah I made it myself' from the same author for Christmas but I'm I bit scared of my rubbish sewing machine so I've not done anything from that one yet either! I'll just have to take it one project at a time! Jen x

      Delete
  5. I really need to go to the Bolton car boot - keep hearing great things. And you're the second blogger I've seen today with one of those shelf things, I've been wanting one for ages. Ideal for nik-naks like my tiny nibbler from futurama! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were few 'dodgy dealers' - it was mostly genuine second hand stuff. I was vey tempted with a Captain Jack (from Dr Who) action figure but then I'd have to get my 11th Dr action figure a companion too so it didn't seem fair! Jen x

      Delete

I get very excited when people take the time to comment. Thank you!