Friday, 15 June 2012

In love: vintage stamp set

I almost passed this little gem by at an antiques fair near where I live as I had already spent much too much money on things I didn't need, and at the moment I don't do much stamping. So I 'um'-ed and 'ah'-ed over this for while, went away, came back and in the end it was MrP that just said 'get it'. And I did, for the princely sum of £3.50. And I am so glad I did!

The stamps are of really everyday things, like toothpaste, and scissors and a carrot and....all of these things

And considering that they are from 1976, and haven't really been taken care of, they look ok.
A bit of bonus cat hair attached to that one!



























I love the little pictures and the fact that they are cutely labelled 'Universal' stamps. Well, yes, toothbrushes are relatively universal!

I am really looking forward to using these on packaging maybe (if I ever take the plunge and set up my Etsy shop!) and definitely on cards and letters.

 What's your favourite find?


10 comments:

  1. I love them! Am deeply envious. A truly wonderful and unusual find :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Though MrP is keeps reminding me that he told me to get them - I'll never hear the end of it! Jen x

      Delete
  2. What a great find, I'm glad you decided to go for it! I love the simple designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are cute aren't they? Jen x

      Delete
  3. Wow, these are wonderful! I'll be ordering some nice stamps soon:) I just love stamps so much!

    That bird is really cute by the way!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really getting into stamps now - I am finding they are really addictive! I hadn't paid much attention to the little bird I(distracted by the odd ones like the one of a chisel!); well spotted! Jen x

      Delete
  4. What an awesome find! I have a set just like this (not vintage though sadly). I was obsessed with stamps when I was younger, always stamping on letters and drawings... As well as walls (not sure my mum was happy about that!) I must dig them out again :)

    I've hardly been out on the look for something vintage recently, I have lots of awesome vintage jewelry, which I love :)

    I hope you're having a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to work on my stamping technique now - I'm impatient and a bit sloppy and end up inking (and therefore stamping) the edge of the stamp. Must practice more with this set! My weekend is going well thanks - hope yours is too! Jen x

      Delete
  5. What a neat find! I think Pyrex are the height of my vintage searches although once in a while I find a nice flashy brooch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too many vintage brooches - I never wear them! Maybe I need to just display them in some way.. Jen x

      Delete

I get very excited when people take the time to comment. Thank you!