Tuesday, 5 June 2012

They call her Tibby Tabbers......

Or Tibtabs, or Miss Tibs, or Tiberifamacator, or Dr Tibby and Ms Tabs (Jekyll & Hyde reference). I felt that it was wrong to have a presence on the Internets without having posted anything about kitties, when we even own one! Actually her name is Tibbers. Not the best cat name ever, but since she was rescued we didn't have a choice.

Tibs looking really stern!
I inherited Tibs when I moved in with MrP last summer and after nearly a year she has reached a begrudging acceptance that I am here, and that I am prepared to feed her. She's a bit skittish, a bit unpredictable and a bit scaredy but she did have a hard start in life; rescued from a shed as a ferral, FIV-positive, teenage mum. Her kittens were not FIV positive (the cat equivalent of being HIV positive) so they were taken away, leaving Tibs in need of a new home as an indoor kitty.




When I was younger I wasn't too keen on les animaux, generally keeping my distance from the up to 2 dogs, up to 5 cats, up to 3 hamsters, countless guinea pigs, and the various sets of fish (I was in charge of one set so my distance resulted in some very miserable and then very dead fish). However, I would sneak the odd snug from my favourite kitties when no one was looking, and maybe it's MrP's influence, maybe it's some sort of nesting urge, but I am all about the pets now.

We can't really get any more kitties for now as we rent, and would have to find a small, nonthreatening FIV positive kitty to accommodate Tibs, but more kitties are in my sights......

For some more fabulous kitties, see The Nearsighted Owl, The Dainty Squid and Love Elycia.

Which animal do you have a weakness for?

12 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous! My weakness is cats - my housemates have 2 of them. I'm definitely getting a couple of my own one day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one gorgeous cat! If Fraser wasnt deathly allergic I'd have a house full!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! You'll have to wait for Robot Kitties! Jen x

      Delete
  3. Aw, she looks lovely! Reminds me a lot of my own cat too:)

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a little madam, but she's too pretty not to forgive when she swipes at your ankles when she wants feeding!Jen x

      Delete
  4. What a cute little girl! I've been wanting to get a kitty for what seems like forever my fiance and I've been building our own house so it was never a good time. But we are finally almost done with it so I think kitty time is in my near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you said that all I can think of is 'STOP!..... Kitty time!' (a la MC Hammer!) Jen x

      Delete
  5. As long as you can get the film in those toy cameras are actually pretty easy to use. Well at least if you like experimenting with exposures and things like that. I suppose it might take some knowledge of photography, but at least it doesn't have that many buttons and things like that;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is gorgeous and these photos are lovely - I especially like the one where her ear fluff is glowing in the sunlight! I LOVE cats and we have an adorable tortoishell (but with some white) who is getting more chilled out as she gets older. I also love owls, as you might have noticed, haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little owl obsessed myself - I would imagine that they're a little trickier as pets! :) Jen x

      Delete
  7. Hedgehogs and cats. I have two chubby fluff monsters of the latter variety!

    ReplyDelete

I get very excited when people take the time to comment. Thank you!