Sunday, 1 July 2012

Handmade Gift Exchange

After hearing about a handmade craft exchange run by Linda of Craftaholics Anonymous (from I think Char from T-Rexes and Tiaras) I was really excited by the idea but had to wait for ages for the next exchange! I think Linda had a hard time of matching everyone up last time, so enlisted the help of Elfster to match everyone up, and I'm really glad she decided to run it again. I have to say Elfster made things pretty easy for the exchange in general, and I was chuffed to bits with what I received from the lovely Simona .....

A fantastic, and double sided (!) owl cushion cover.....






 ......and a tool roll/organiser thingy!

I was pretty pleased with my makes too, even if they weren't very complicated to make (demonstrating my limited skills!). I made for Leo Robertson from [Re]purposed Mind. She's a Harry Potter nut, and I had seen a great abstract HP representation on a t shirt on Etsy which inspired my very first piece of hoop art (and indeed embroidery!) and I tried my hand at my own version of a golden snitch for a necklace.



Both items were very simple, but having a deadline really helped me to actually create something. I'm terrible for buying supplies (I get attracted to pretty findings and brightly coloured beads!) and not making anything because I think my creations won't be as good, or original, as some of the great stuff I see on Etsy, and on other blogs.

I know I should just get on with it! I do love the feeling when something's finished. Maybe when I have some time off at the end of the month I will have some head space to really get engrossed in something and stop worrying about it!


2 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I love your HP themed goodies and the golden snitch necklace is extra awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! I love your HP themed goodies and the golden snitch necklace is extra awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I get very excited when people take the time to comment. Thank you!