Friday, 23 November 2012

The Littlest Craft Room

Now I've given this blog post a title I have the theme for The Littlest Hobo in my head - well done me!

MrP collects retro video games, and works at home more than I do, so when deciding what to put in the spare room, his office and his video game collection won, meaning my desk was relagated to the space about 2 paces away from the cat litter tray. As well as having to work on the Poop Desk, I also had no space to put my crafty bits and bobs.

To be fair to MrP, I didn't have any when we moved in - it seems domestic bliss has been partially responsible for the increase in my crafty tendencies. A few months after moving in (and increasing exponentially!) I suddenly had this collection of sewing stuff, jewellery making bits, glue and paint and it just sat everywhere in piles - on the dining room table, on the sofa, on the coffee table. Seeing as I am The Messy One (MrP is The Funny One according to him) anyway, the place looked like someone had set off a bomb in Hobbycraft and left it.

So, pity finally convinced MrP to help me fetc h and build a micro craft room for my stuff from Ikea...et voila!


It's just a start, as things could be organised much more effectively, but the fact that I have somewhere to put everything makes me immensely happy and it actually now forms a bit of a barrier between my desk and the now-slightly-relocated cat litter tray!

What is your crafty space like? Do you have a whole room or a little corner like me? I'd love to see some links to some real life crafty spaces if you've blogged about them :)

Jen xxx

7 comments:

  1. I used to have my sewing machine in the living room, but when I decided to clear away the PC which hasn't been used for years, I moved the sewing machine, and a drawer of patterns and fabric in to the corner of my main bedroom. It's all hidden away behind a room divider screen, so it doesn't look like such a mess and I don't have to clear all my pattern-cutting away if people come round for tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh a screen! That's a great idea. I was on and around the dining table before I tidied it up a bit - not very good for hosting! Jen x

      Delete
  2. Cute space :) I have a room but it's also know as the "man cave" where the boys have the Xbox. So everything lives in a wardrobe and in suitcases. Better than my last house where it was just the suitcases in my bedroom! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you could say it's nice that you share the space? Hmmm, maybe not .. not quite the same as having it all to yourself I would imagine! Jen x

      Delete
  3. This post really speaks to me as my craft activities are also homeless. My numerous bits and pieces live on the counter in our utility room, to the constant despair of my husband who finds the cascade of old paper, magazines, jars of buttons, jewellery findings and piles of fabric rather stressful! Luckily now we're expecting a 2nd baby we are converting the attic, and my son's room will revert to being a study/guest room - my plan is to set up a craft corner there, and have a big cupboard full of all the stuff!

    I love looking at other people's ways of organising things - always inspiring. Your craft corner looks great - very inviting and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It sounds like your crafting is soon to have a home which sounds lovely. The plan for us is to buy somewhere in the near future - hopefully with enough space for me to have an actual room to myself (I'm so greedy) but this is a good compromise. Jen x

      Delete
  4. I'm relagated to a large box hidden in a wardrobe. So very jealous :-)

    ReplyDelete

I get very excited when people take the time to comment. Thank you!