Thursday, 20 June 2013

Local lovelies

It feels like forever since I last blogged; I was quite surprised it was actually 'only' February! I'm not going to make a big fuss, but just get on with trying to get back into the swing of it again!

I am a born consumer. Put it in a pretty box, market it in a certain way and I am scrambling for my wallet like a mad person. Unfortunately for me, I spend a fair bit of time online and The Internet tries to tell me to buy something almost once a minute. It's always lovely, though, when you see something which is totally awesome and it's made locally. It gives me a little buzz, like I can partially take credit just because I live in the same city. Recently I saw:

Picture from Jon Turner's Etsy Shop

I fell in love with this Doctor Who print from Jon Turner's on Etsy (via The Mary Sue). He sells all sorts of artsy things  as well as some fabulously geeky cufflinks:

Picture from Jon Turner's Etsy Shop
If either me or Mr P wore shirts that required cufflinks, I would be sorely tempted to buy these hello sweetie cufflinks.

What do you get when you cross kitties with mexican food? This awesome tote from Nicola Rowlands:


Picture from Nicola's Etsy Shop
Nicola has this awesome style where it looks like she drew something in two seconds with her eyes closed but it looks GREAT, making drawing look effortless, though something I drew would not look as cool! She has so much awesome stuff, including kitty stickers, tea towels and I couldn't mention Nicola's shop without mentioning her famous Manfriends. This one's called Vince:

Picture from Nicola's Etsy Shop
Turns out I'm liking a lot of blue things at the moment, but these stunning pieces from Tentative Decisions would look great in all sorts of gemstone-y colours. I've seen a lot of bullet-casing-raw-gemstone jewellery but these ones seem the most nicely made ones I've seen:


Picture from the Tentative Decisions Etsy Shop

.. look at that aquamarine colour!! And the demin blue colour of these quartz shard earrings is just lovely:

Picture from the Tentative Decisions Etsy Shop
I should really make more of an effort to go to local handmade places like the Manchester Craft and Design Centre, but it sometimes feels hard to drag myself out the house at the moment, despite the lovely weather.
What are your local treasures?

Jen x

2 comments:

  1. Really tempted by the prints, etsy is full of amazing whovian fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is - I can't do any searches for Doctor Who, as I am there for hours, and too tempted to spend all of my pennies! Jen x

    ReplyDelete

I get very excited when people take the time to comment. Thank you!